We wanted to update the Reflections Community on the David Weekley Project behind our neighborhood, give you what we believe are positives and the negatives. If you have more please share with us at our community meeting tonight (Sept 8) at 6:30 at our pool.
We know many residents have concerns. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list but rather a starting point for discussion. We encourage residents to provide feedback during the meeting.
- Adding 58 more homes to our neighborhood, causing more traffic to Lake Reflection Blvd
- Only one entrance to park (we lose the gate exit on the back-side)
- Some of our houses losing their views
- Who has access to community park and swimming pool
- Additional speeders on Lake Reflection Blvd
- $100,000 to upgrade our community
- Legal fees
- 25% of lawn maintenance cost from our entrance to theirs
- Adding to our park with new equipment and 25% maintenance cost of new community park
- Access for us to use their walking trails
- Helping with the Van Dyke Road Project
These are where the negotiations are as of now if we approve.
Questions to ask ourselves about this situation and what could happen if we say no to letting it happen.
- County could approve anyway and then we get nothing.
- If Weekley backs out, another project could be approved with homes, condominiums, apartments, or multiple other projects.
These are the facts, we need to think about and do what is best for our community.
58 new homes with values from $750,000 to $920,000. That alone will add value to our community plus the additional $100,000 enchantment for our community.
It is up to all of us.
You must be logged in to post a comment.